Main Stage program
Chair's Opening Remarks8:50 AM - 9:00 AM View details
GETTING BUSINESS VALUE FROM AI: WALKING THE TIGHTROPE BETWEEN AGILITY & CONTROL9:00 AM - 9:30 AM
Getting business value from AI comes down to making key processes and functions better, faster, or more cost-effective. Of course, the business has a role to play here, but so do IT teams in enabling progress while at the same time ensuring proper monitoring, governance, and data access controls. How can today’s organizations, and in particular IT teams, balance both the agility and flexibility required to derive real business value with the traditional constraints of data use?
In this talk, Claire Gubian, Dataiku’s Global Head of Business Transformation, will discuss where to start with creating, measuring, and maintaining business value associated with AI projects.
- Claire Gubian Global Head of Business Transformation Dataiku
FIRESIDE CHAT WITH DR. SARAH SASKA: BREAKING THE WALL OF UNETHICAL AI9:30 AM - 10:00 AM
Ethically Designed Technology: Evidence-based and data-informed approach to identify the roots of bias
- Dr. Sarah Saska Co-Founder & CEO Feminuity
Networking Break10:00 AM - 10:30 AM View details
AI IN SPORT: HOW AI MAKES BETTER, FASTER, AND STRONGER10:30 AM - 11:00 AM View details
DIGITAL TRANSORMATION MOMENTUM11:00 AM - 11:30 AM
SCALING ANALYTICS & AI – IT IS MOSTLY ABOUT CULTURE11:30 AM - 12:00 PM
- Jaime Tatis VP, Data Strategy & Enablement TELUS
Lunch Break12:00 PM - 1:00 PM View details
PANEL DISCUSSION: INSPIRING WOMEN IN TECH & CHAMPIONING DATA LEADERSHIP1:00 PM - 1:45 PM
- Sasha Fay Director, Data Science & Research Cineplex
- Sonia Carreno President Interactive Advertising Bureau of Canada (IAB Canada)
- Linda Grasso CEO DeltalogiX
- Kishawna Peck Executive Director Toronto Womxn in Data Science
- Irina Delidjakova Program Director - Db2/Db2U Development Ecosystem IBM
- Erin McGowan VP of Sales Engineering - Americas Dataiku
- Main Stage
ENTERING THE METAVERSE1:45 PM - 2:15 PM View details
INSPIRING ALGORITHMS2:15 PM - 2:45 PM
- Ben Taylor Chief AI Evangelist DataRobot
Networking Break2:45 PM - 3:15 PM View details
LEVERAGING SOFTWARE OPTIMIZATION TO REDUCE CLOUD FOOTPRINT3:15 PM - 3:45 PM
Cloud storage footprint is in exabytes and exponentially growing and companies pay billions of dollars to store and retrieve data. In this talk, we will cover some of the space and time optimizations, which have historically been applied to on-premise file storage, and how they would be applied to objects stored in Cloud
Deduplication and compression are techniques that have been traditionally used to reduce the amount of storage used by applications. Data encryption is table stakes for any remote storage offering and today, we have client-side and server-side encryption support by Cloud providers.
Combining compression, encryption, and deduplication for object stores in Cloud is challenging due to the nature of overwrites and versioning, but the right strategy can save millions for an organization. We will cover some strategies for employing these techniques depending on whether an organization prefers client-side or server-side encryption, and discuss online and offline deduplication of objects.
Companies such as Box, and Netflix, employ a subset of these techniques to reduce their cloud footprint and provide agility in their cloud operations.
- Tejas Chopra Senior Software Engineer NETFLIX
APPLICATIONS OF AI & GEOSPATIAL DATA SCIENCE3:45 PM - 4:15 PM
- How York Region is applying data analytics, AI, and geospatial data science in improving public services
- Geospatial as a key component in data science
- Challenges with AI adoption
- Being mindful of ethical AI
- Linda Kaleis Data Scientist The Regional Municipality of York
THE SHAPE OF AI GOVERNANCE4:15 PM - 5:00 PM
- Hans Bathija Chairman International Intellectual Property Commercialization Council (IIPCC)
- Prashant Sharma CTO & Co-Founder Secuvy Inc
- Olivier Blais Head of Decision Science Moov AI
- Piotr Mierzejewski Director Development Db2 Distributed, Db2 Big Sql and Data Virtualization IBM
Join the Big Data and AI Toronto community
Get the latest event updates, speaker announcements, promotions, and exclusive content by signing up to the Big Data and AI Toronto newsletter.